Monday, September 27, 2010

Adorable Doll House

Ok, so technically my mom made this, but I thought it was too cute not to share!  She made the doll house for my niece's birthday.  These are pictures she emailed to me while she was making it in the basement so they are all a little dark and I don't even have a picture of the whole house completed, sorry.  She got the unfinished doll house at Michael's when they had a 60% coupon so she got it for pretty cheap!

She used scrapbook paper and mod podged it onto all the walls.  She used some furry fabric for carpet, painted the furniture and made all the bedding.
 She made decorations using my neice's names strung on some ribbon and put on the wall and also on the blocks on top of the shelf.  She also shrunk down a picture of all the grandkids and "hung" it up.  My McKinley is in there somewhere from when she was teeny-tiny.

She found all sorts of cute little knick knacks to put on the shelf.  She has a huge supply of all that type of stuff from custom orders she has done.  She makes custom scrapbooks,  guest books and invitations.  Check her out here, if you'd like.  If you can dream something up, she can make it!
Here's the living room. I love all the details like the ribbon "chair rail" and all the family photos.  She even made the rug!
This might be my favorite part.  She made this hanging fan using a pin wheel that was taken apart and then added some beads to make the pull chain.  She is one clever lady.
This is the "master bedroom".  I love the mirror!
and last but not least the kitchen!
I love that "window" and curtain!

Sorry I didn't have a picture of the whole house complete but I'm sure you got the idea that it ended up being ridiculously cute!  Wouldn't one of these be such a fun present for a little girl?  I can't wait to make one for Kinley.  I love obsessive projects like this.  Matt even wants to build the house so I am super excited!

When I was little I loved to decorate my doll house and my mom would even let me make the bedding  for all the dolls.  I guess some things never change.  By the time McKinley is old enough to decorate and sew her own "bedding" I'm sure the doll house I make for her will be due for a remodel so she can decorate as well!

So, is a year old too young to have a doll house? ;o)  Just kidding.  I'll wait a little longer...a year maybe! ; )

Linking to:






5 comments:

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals said...

Kel! This is flipping awesome! It totally beats the crap overpriced one that I got at target....

I am doing a giveaway on my blog for everyone that voted for me, make sure you go and enter!

love your guts
mandi

April said...

This is so so cute!

Victoria ObSEUSSed said...

Sooo Cute! I love how it is personalized with pics on the wall and window area. My father-in-law made a barbie house very similar to this for my daughter last Christmas but he left it unfinished so she could decorate it her choice. We painted it white but I can't believe I didn't think to use scrapbook paper for wall paper- I'm totally going to do that for her. It completes the look. Thanks for sharing. Victoria, www.obSEUSSed.com

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

WOW - that dollhouse is just incredible. My girls would go crazy for that!

xox
Jen

Jessica said...

I came to your blog from Naptime Crafters. I've seen dollhouses like this before and LOVE them! Your mom did such a good job. Maybe someday I will make one for my daughter.
Come check out my blog sometime.

justenoughstyle.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails