Saturday, September 11, 2010

Black Bean Burgers with Cilantro Lime Dressing


I am in no way, shape or form a vegetarian.  I think I can count on two hands the number of times I have had a dinner that didn't include meat because my husband doesn't think it's dinner without it.  I on the other hand, don't mind meatless meals at all, as long as it has some form of protein. When I told Matt I was going to try this recipe he wasn't excited and before he came home from work that day he grabbed a candy bar so he could have something "good" for dinner.   I surprised him, he even liked it!

These are delicious, super healthy, full of flavor and very filling.  I think the filling aspect is lacking in some of the vegetarian meals I've tried.   The nice thing about this recipe is the whole thing can be made before hand and then when it's time to eat, just pull the burgers out of the fridge and cook them up! F.Y.I... I ended up using about 1/2-3/4 of the amount of bread crumbs it called for and my burgers ended up perfect.  I think if you used more they would end up way too dry.  I found this recipe through CuisineNie.  You can find it HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look absolutely yummy!!! We're not vegetarians either, but we do enjoy some veggie meals now and then. We love veggie lasagna.

Sew Much Ado said...

Hehe, I guess we're on the same page lately! That looks SO yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails