Friday, September 17, 2010

Funny

I didn’t have potatoes,
so I substituted rice.
Didn’t have paprika,
so I used another spice.
I didn’t have tomato sauce,
so I used tomato paste.
A whole can not a half can -
I don’t believe in waste.
My friend gave me the recipe -
she said you couldn’t beat it.
There must be something wrong with her,
I couldn’t even eat it.

Source unknown

I got my Bachelor's degree in Family and Consumer Sciences with a Nutrition emphasis.  I know, I know, total "domestic goddess" degree.  Anyways, I took A LOT of classes involving food and we got this poem from one of my professors.  It reminded me of allrecipes.com, one of my favorite sites to find a good recipe quick!  On there you can rate a recipe and write a review and when I look at a review where the person said they substituted nearly everything the recipe called for with something else and then still give a bad rating I just have to laugh.  Maybe if they had followed the actual recipe they would've liked it! 

Speaking of recipes one of my cute friends, Mikelle, whom I shared many of those "domestic" classes with in high school and college started a recipe blog called Food, Fun, Life.  It is full of yummy, HEALTHY recipes.  She has a couple of cute kiddos of her own so you know the recipes are "kid tested and mother approved!".  She includes a ton of pictures and extra information.  Go check it out!   

P.S. Thanks to the new people joining me here.  It now takes 2 whole hands to count the number of followers, yipee! he he.  I have a ton more projects to share with you but for now it's my birthday and I am off to vacation for the weekend.   It'll be the first time I spend a night without McKinley.  My mom is taking her. Wish her luck.  Kin's a feisty little thing.  My mom's a brave woman! ;)
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails