Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Shirred Summer Dress


I made this little dress for McKinley a while ago.  My mom helped me finish it up by adding the straps I made because I got lazy!  Sometimes I think I have craft A.D.D.  I start making something and then I get bored and move onto something else without finishing the first thing even though the only thing left to do is add the straps! 


I used the same shirring technique tutorials as the last shirt I made for McKinley.  Once you get your tension right on your machine, shirring is just as easy as sewing a straight line!



 I couldn't get my model to look at me.  She was too busy looking around.  We also made a matching flower for her headband.  I made the flower kind of like the one I made for Kinley's car seat canopy except I found a much faster way of making them too bad I don't remember where I saw it online! Sorry.  Anyways, I think it turned out pretty cute!



Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up         party!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

That is adorable! I wish I had your talent.

Caroline @ Artfully Caroline said...

Totally adorable! And this fabric is to die for. Not to mention your little princess making it even cuter.

Caroline
http://ateliercaroline.blogspot.com

Maxabella said...

I love this. It's very pretty!! x

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails