Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hair Accessory Frame

 I needed something to hold all the flowers I made for my craft booth, so I went to the thrift store and found these frames for $1.00 each.  I popped out the odd velvet, cat fur filled pictures (yuck!).  I spray painted the frame with some leftover spray paint (Rustoleum Heirloom White) and then cut two pieces of cardboard the same size as the old picture and covered one with some plain pink scrap fabric that I already had.  I pulled the fabric so it was really tight across the cardboard and attached it with some hot glue.  Than I added the leaf ribbon that I have had for a long time and didn't know what to do with.  I stretched the ribbon tight across the frame and attached that with more hot glue, lots of hot glue.  This is what the back looks like of a third one I made with a frame I already had. 
 Next I popped on the other piece of cardboard to cover up the mess I made and here is what I ended up with...
Tada!
a cute, hair accessory frame.  I love that it only cost me a dollar and some leftover supplies I already had! 
Linking to:




6 comments:

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

This is adorable! The leaves are perfect for the hair flowers...great idea!

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

this is really cute ...so smart..

Terrell said...

I just love how creative you are!!! This is simply delightful! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your sweet blog and would love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! Be sure to link up your fun creations every Friday at my Fabulous Friday Finds party! Hope to see you there!
Hugs and have a great day!
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

Melissa said...

This is super cute and a great idea!

Melissa
http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Very cute! This would be such a perfect way to display my crocheted flower clips!!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea! I am your newest follower! Please follow me at http://CraftyCierra.blogspot.com/ and dont forget to enter my giveaway for a fun Christmas Activity Book! If you are interested in doing a blogswap, please email me! CierraLarsen@hotmail.com Thanks!

/Cierra

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails