Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Jean Quilt

My sister made this quilt for my brother and his family for Christmas.  I love these quilts!  They're made up of everybody's old jeans and nice comfy flanel.  Our family had one growing up that my Aunt had made.  It was the most fought over quilt when we would go camping or sleep out on the trampoline. They are nice and heavy and warm.  I love them.  My sister filled all the pockets with toys and surprises for their girls.  Another fun thing she did was give them the twelve days of Christmas books.  The kids get to unwrap a new Christmas book each night to read.  In our family we rotate which sibling we get gifts for and next year my sister has my family so I'm sending out a big fat hint to my sister right now and saying that I love that gift!  Was that a big enough hint?

1 comment:

AggieMay said...

I love your "hint". Maybe a little help would be nice too- find some old jeans and send them to her- then call her and say "What on earth are you going to do with all those old jeans? Hmm.... Don't you have OUR family for Christmas this year" with a big ol' SMILE in your voice (and on your face). She might just get it. Good luck.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails